Custom home Building Tips
When you’re ready to build your dream custom home, it’s important that you work with a builder that will be your partner in helping you build a home that meets your goals and reflects your personality.
It goes without saying that you will want to work with a reputable builder, but in your search for the right custom home builder, here are ten tips to be sure you find the right one.
- Custom Home Building Experience – Check the building experience of Custom Home Builders you are considering. You’ll never go wrong going with an established builder who has “been there, done that.” Builders with the reputation and experience vital for doing a great job beat “promises” every time.
- Advanced Knowledge of Building Systems – A qualified custom home builder will have advanced knowledge of building systems and will ensure that subcontractors execute the work as outlined in the designer’s plan specifications and to the are building code. See if they have advanced degrees from well-regarded building construction schools.
- Has Experience in the Neighborhood Where You Want to Build – A custom home builder that knows the neighborhood and has permitting experience building homes in municipality where you wish to build is very important to achieving your dream home with a minimum of stress.
- Can Help with Lot Selection – If you don’t have your own lot, and have not settled on a neighborhood, a good builder will have access to lots in desirable neighborhoods and will provide information about neighborhoods to help you in selecting the right lot for you.
- Works as a Partner with you – A quality custom home builder will work with you and the design team to review the lot you have selected, how much of the lot will be used for house space, and then develop the layout, room sizes, elevations and design recommendations that meet your personality and goals to deliver the custom home that you want.
- Has Rave Custom Home Building Reviews – The best custom home builder is one who works quickly and responds to your requests and queries. You can expect this kind of luxury home builder will have rave reviews to share.
- Understands the importance of communicating at every step of the project – Quality custom home builders understand that clear, ongoing communication is vital to a stress free building project. Top builders use website apps like Co-Construct and others to allow homeowners access to the building information all in one place.
- Has a Reputation for Quality – There is no substitute for getting it right. Top custom home builders only work with subcontractors accustomed to doing custom work. They make sure all are insured and have proven track records. Most quality custom home builders will provide a list of their preferred trade partners for your convenience.
- Uses A Good Lender – Often times the most frustrating part of building a new home isn’t the building process, it’s the financing. A good builder will have a preferred lending partner that will give you priority service since they know the builder’s process.
- Belongs to a credible builder ‘s association – You can expect a quality builder to belong to a credible builders association.
Building your dream custom home is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime, so its important to get the right builder, a builder who will be a partner every step of the way.
At Devonshire Custom Homes we view the role of a custom home builder as a partner in helping you build the dream home that reflects your personality. If you are researching custom home builders, we encourage you to take a few minutes to learn more about how we build our custom homes.