Build your own House Blueprints
The tiny house movement has been growing in popularity for several years throughout the United States and has started to gain appeal in Canada as a way for people to live a simple, portable, more affordable lifestyle. Robinson Residential joined this movement in 2015 with the design of our Dragonfly-20, a contemporary style take on the tiny house. But we couldn’t stop there! We realized that to fully understand what goes into building a tiny house you need to build one yourself ~ so we did! To our delight, the Dragonfly-20 turned out as we envisioned with all details working out as planned.
Experiencing first-hand how much work and research it took to build our tiny house, we wanted to make the process of building a tiny house easy for others. We already had a very detailed set of blueprints. We already had sourced all of the materials and got first-hand experience putting them together. So the last piece was to bundle it all together in our DIY Tiny House kits which are now being offered for all of our Tiny House designs.
- Highly detailed construction blueprints
- Materials needed to construct your tiny house
- A comprehensive instruction manual
While we wanted to provide all of the materials you need to build your tiny house, we realized that the fixtures and appliances selection would depend on your access to water, sewer and power as well as your own personal preferences. Also, some items, such as the roofing membrane, are better to be purchased and installed locally so that you have warranty. Contact us for a list of what is provided in our tiny house kits.
- Our kits save you time planning and constructing your tiny house.
- All of our kits include Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) for the floor, walls and roof. The SIPs makes construction faster and easier and provides higher insulating levels and air tightness.
- Delivery options are available or you can pick the kit up yourself.